Monday, March 11, 2013

BOTANICASUAL

Look at me, all jumping on the botanical trend and whatnot. I can't help it -- this is one of those rare instances in which I feel like the puppeteers of mass culture got it right (not really but I don't feel like being contrarian today because I'm two glasses of wine deep and maybe that's also why I chose to use the word 'contrarian' and not just 'critical' or 'annoying'). The sleeves on this sweatshirt feature one of fashion 2013's many crests -- an homage to gardenia, botany, plant glamour. I'm especially fond of this earthy-athleticism juxtaposition. Leafy sleeves on an otherwise classic gray sweatshirt. The fern-meets-fitness concept kinda got me in the "out of context photoshop" mood so I superimposed some plant .pngs on that mess and called it a day. #botanicool



FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:

Spiked snapback - OASAP
Black blouse - ROMWE
Botanical sweatshirt - ROMWE
Turquoise velvet leggings - ROMWE
Lace-up boots - YES STYLE
Backpack - YES STYLE

If you haven't noticed, I've been wearing pants almost exclusively since December. I don't know when or why it happened, but I find it increasingly difficult to will myself into a skirt or dress that bares my legs. Nope, has nothing to do with the weather -- I guarantee that come April I'll still be stupefied into pant oblivion despite three-digit temperatures. I think it might have to do with the fact that for a while I only hung out with heteronormative guys and their style started to rub off on me. Yes Style has been my primary source for pants of every variety this winter -- cropped sweats, dress slacks, lace-up trousers, harem pants, joggers with chiffon and mesh overlay, the list goes on. I recommend their ready-to-ship selection (here) and, no, I don't get paid to say that. For prints, patterns, paintings-gone-textile, and crushed velvet galore, there's also Romwe's legging selection. The ones I'm wearing here go for only $25 and are an obvious best-seller. 

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

29 comments:

  1. This outfit is amazing!
    I freaking want your hat... I need to get one

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't normally like this sort of thing but that jumper looks fab! You've styled it amazing as always!

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this!
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love everything about this look! i love your blonde hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweater and the cap are crazy nice x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing look, i love your cap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the sweater is very cool and i love the cap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don`t think that I`ve actually ever seen you in sch a simple outfit but yet again.. amazing! Love the sweater. Pulled it off darling!

    http://www.stefanystrange.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So amazing! I love your jumper xx

    seeking--serendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those acid colors on the sleeves. You look like you just stepped out of a 90's movie about teenage angst, and I mean that in a very good way ♥

    xx, Jackie
    http://wussinboots.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE THE LEGGINGS...!
    XOXO

    www.marshylicious.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  12. d*ng that botanical top has sold out. fyi u do what you gotta do if that means wine at 9 then its wine at 9

    signed @RDCDC

    ReplyDelete
  13. wine in the morning i sure like your style (life and fashion)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVING this jumper, as always amazing outfit, you are just perfect!

    www.tinytwisst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. cool. nice photos.

    http://theragdolls.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cool outfit again!

    I love your lips! :3

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome sweater loving the lip color!

    http://fashionyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your make-up is so hideously unattractive. Why do you do that? Do you honestly think it looks good? It's so obvious you have completely overdrawn your lips and it looks so fake. You look like you never take your make-up off and just layer it on. Do you put your mascara on then rub your eyes and smudge it intentionally?

    ReplyDelete
  19. "You actually didn't feel like being contrary today, or a contrarian..." said Anonymous, contrarily.

    ReplyDelete