Sunday, November 25, 2012

DECO BERRY

I've had this fuchsia and grape bodycon dress FOREVER and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to wear it without feeling, well, appropriately "body con." And by con I don't mean contour - I mean conscious. I rarely like to think about my curves when rockin' a look because my skeleton, and the pounds of flesh, muscle, and cartilage layered over it, has little if nothing to do with my wardrobe selections. So I slipped into this high-waist leatherette skirt and turned the bandage dress into a bandeau top! It's bright enough with its berry hued deco stripes to make a statement without serving as my entire outfit's foundation. The designers of this dress/top reign from Bqueen, an online retailer that specializes in sexy little numbers at appropriate prices. Turning this hot fuchsia mini into a tank shows how creative you can get with your wardrobe. Think outside the box (or silhouette) and layer your pieces over and under basics for a dynamic concept like this one. I tied in a magenta beanie and socks to pull everything together!



FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:

Beanie - Dollar store
Sunglasses - ROMWE
Chain necklaces - Forever 21
Skull cuff - Rings and Tings
Bandeau top/strapless dress - BQUEEN 
Leatherette skirt/belt - YES STYLE
UNIF HELLBOUNDS - Solestruck / Nasty Gal / Karmaloop


Yes, I'm still in the beanie/bindi combo mood. I want to say that it takes me a while to get tired of trends, but that's miserably untrue. I'm first to hate fads oversaturated by fashion bloggers. This aesthetic is simply a rare exception. Forgive me! It's good for your karma!

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

13 comments:

  1. wow amazing dear!!!
    am always impatient to see your looks
    you are great
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always impressed with the way you style things!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous outfit! I love how youve paired that dress with the skirt! it goes really well :)

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous!!!!

    http://www.frenchinlosangeles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bandage dress worn as a top is SO DELICIOUS. LOVE how you made it more you by putting the poufy leatherette skirt over top :) GRreat look! <3
    Rory
    www.WearAboutsBlog.com
    Enter to win whatever you want from Yak Apparel!! And make sure to check out the other 4 giveaways going on at Wear Abouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the accessories in this look!

    -Keithlane
    http://TheStyleShot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAAAAAAAAAAAMZING.

    birdiewearsatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fush (Such, ok really bad joke) a fun look ! I'm just amazed at how much you can wear pretty much everything and still looking rad as hell ! Love your blog & fashion sens for-evaah ! xo
    http://www.style-oh-livia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome beanie! I love it! check in my DIYblog www.milavojtowicz.blogspot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so crazy about these shoes. I want them so much...
    great look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're honestly my favorite blogger! I love all of your outfits.
    Love, from www.thefashionpsycho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete